Testimonials are often crucial part of a company website but fitness and wellness professionals know they are particularly important in conveying the value of their service. The problem is, it takes so much time and effort to organize all of the information and publish on websites in a consistent and professional way when you have dozens or even hundreds of them. Shingo Suzumura and his fitness web design team at Fitness Website Formula developed this plugin from the ground up to help fitness professionals showcase their work better as a strong form of social proof.
With this Fitness Testimonials plugin, you can quickly create wellness and fitness driven websites that directly convey the value of your service without any web design skills like coding and photoshop.
View Examples Demos
Better Ways to Showcase Testimonials
Although this plugin is built primarily for fitness web design, its features makes it a useful plugin for general testimonials, reviews, and case studies on variety of sites. Main features include:
- Showcase “Before” and “After” images of your work to convey the value of your products and services. Resize edit photos without affecting original versions.
- Post testimonials without any design or coding knowledge. Choose from various layouts: Text only, Single image, Before/After transformation, Video and your own custom.
- Embed your social proof (testimonials, reviews, and case studies) anywhere you want within your site (i.e. posts, pages, and widgets). Use built-in editor tool button quickly insert shortcodes.
- SEO friendly (more on this below)
- Fully Responsive Design
- Let the plugin automatically resize your photos and format them to display nicely.
- Manage dozens or even hundreds of testimonials with group categorization, filters, and drag drop ordering.
- Promote your showcased work with Facebook Like buttons, and custom call-to-action (i.e. sign up buttons)
In Your Language
- We made your the plugin is fully translation ready and we hope to have it translated in many languages. If you are good at translating and would like to contribute, please let us know.
Feature Requests and Updates
- Get notified when new features are released
Simple Showcase Example 1: body transformation testimonial embeded within a full-width page.
Showcase Example 2: testimonials in various formats embeded within a boxed-width page.
Admin Example 1: Simple Style Settings – lets you change the main background, title, and text colors.
Admin Exmaple 2: Inserting testimonials – Click on the blue tool icon in the WordPress visual editor to embed a shortcode (within posts, pages, and widgets).
Admin Exmaple 3: Add/Edit Entry – adding testimonial is similar to adding regular WordPress posts
Usage Examples and Documentation
How do I add testimonials?
To insert testimonial(s) within another content (i.e. pages), look for a blue toolbar icon when you are in the “Visual” editor mode. If you use visual composer plugin, you will need to switch back to the WordPress editing mode first.
Your shortcode will look similar to:
idis your testimonial group ID number (Required)
limitsets a maximum number of testimonials to display (Optional)
excerptplugin uses a short testimonial instead of the full version if found (Optional)
randomtestimonials will be displayed in an random order (Optional)
You can also embed it manually in your PHP file:
?php do_shortcode(' [fitness-testimonials id="xx"] '); ?
Where do I add the video?
You can simply add/insert it into the WordPress text editor box.
How do I change the template design?
You have simple options under the “Style” tab as well as “Advanced” tab for more advanced users.
How do I use the shortcode outside the post editor, such as in theme or template files, or in widgets?
Can I upload multiple images? More than two?
Currently you can only add up to 2 images.
How do I customize the look of a single testimonial page?
You can copy
single-testimonial.php from the fitness-testimonials/includes/ folder to your own theme folder and make any edits there. The plugin looks for it in your theme folder first and then the plugin folder.
- Upload the entire
fitness-testimonialsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- You will find ‘Testimonials’ menu in your WordPress admin panel under ‘Settings’.
Visit our site for usage examples and demos.
- Various bug fixes
- Improvement: added post edit links
- changed: 2nd image will not be taller than the 1st image
- Fixed: gauge will show up only when weight difference and [weight_gauge] tag is present in templates
- Initial listing on WordPress.org
- Changed: Major overhaul of the plugin because the code structure has been changed completely.
- Added: TinyMCE plugin for shortcodes as a new way of adding testimonial content
- Added: custom taxonomy, filter, and sorting so testimonial grouping is much easier to manage.
- Added: media uploader capability to user images
- Added: visual code editor (ACE)
- Changed: admin settings page into a tabbed format
- Custom CSS field added
- HTML/CSS changes on testimonials
- Fixed a little bug in Preview area
- Fixed quotes from displaying if there’s no quote text.
- Added “random” fill feature (under settings) that adds extra testimonials to a page if there isn’t enough to meet the minimum.
- Added a full preview of the testimonial in the “Testimonial Options” area.
- Added counts on each Tag in the “Display Tags” selection. This help know if there is not enough or too many testimonials selected on a particular tag.
- Added thumbnails to show in admin list view
- Added subtext to show in admin list view
- Rearranged some columns in list to improve visibility
- Fixed a couple typos
- Fix a small bug in Ajax
- Added the blog URL for the images so they won’t break when moving sites.
- Added 3 new HTML options in settings to allow video and alternate HTML templates for unique situations.
- Added the “Add Quotes” options so if a Testimonial doesn’t have a quote, the quotes won’t show.
- Fix some minor HTML formatting on the default settings.
- Renamed “City” to “Subtext” to make things more abstract and less confusing if used in a different context.
- Auto thumbnail resizing
- Admin setting for thumbnail size
- On activation, it preloads all the default settings.
- need to run this on the DB to update the subtext if upgrading from 1.3:
meta_key= ‘_wpft_testimonial_subtext’ WHERE
- Added a way to force the default settings by adding “settings=default” to the settings page URL
- Fix content html by adding “apply_filters” to the content
- Swapped Name Quote fields because of situations with no quotes. Title is now used for “Name” instead of “Quote.
- Some changes and bug fixes
- Don’t remember what I changed
- Initial release