This plugin Override the wp_mail() function to use CheetahSender SMTP instead of wp_mail() function.
You should be a CheetahSender customer for using this plugin, you can’t define your own SMTP, for this you might use another plugin
You can set the following options:
- Specify the from name and email address for outgoing email.
- Choose to send mail by SMTP or PHP’s mail() function.
- Specify an CheetahSender port (defaults to 25).
- Choose SSL / TLS encryption
- Specify CheetahSender username and password linked to your inbound point.
Uninstallation and plugin deletion
- Deactivate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Delete the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. Notice that, it will reconfigure automatically the default SMTP WordPress Options.
Screenshot of the Emails configuration.
Screen of the SMTP configuration.
Screen of the Test send feature.
My plugin still sends mail via the mail() function
If other plugins you’re using are not coded to use the wp_mail() function but instead call PHP’s mail() function directly, they will bypass the settings of this plugin. Normally, you can edit the other plugins and simply replace the
mail( calls with
wp_mail( (just adding wp_ in front) and this will work. I’ve tested this on a couple of plugins and it works, but it may not work on all plugins.
Will this plugin work with WordPress versions less than 2.7?
No. WordPress 2.7 changed the way options were updated, so the options page will only work on 2.7 or later.
Can I add specific headers or attachments to all sent email from WordPress
No you can’t, WordPress do not actually propose those feature, hope it will in a next future ! Be sure, as if it would be available, it would be implemented ASAP 🙂
Can I change the emails sent content
No, the only solution to do this is to override the functions that are located in wp-includes/pluggable.php which contains all these features. It’s up to you, by the way, it looks like hardcoding the WordPrfess Core.
- Upload to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
V 1.0.1 :
translation in French and English
change url and email contact
V 1.0.0 : initial release