If you need to know how many times a file is downloaded by your visitors then this plugin is for you! Just insert a simple shortcode and that’s it! You can also a simple parameter to any download link and the count will be done too!
Developer Website – Dedicated Plugin Page
- Upload the entire ‘easy-download-media-counter’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload a media to the WordPress library or pick an existing file
- Add to any url this: ?edmc=xxx (replace “xxx” by the media ID), ex: http://mysite.com/?edmc=123, or use this shortcode [edmc id=”xxx”] (this is an auto created link)
- Insert this shortcode in any page/post/CPT: [edmc_show id=”xxx”] (replace “xxx” by the media ID) to display the counter
- Initial release.
- Added downloads columns to library.