Easy Media Replace allows you to replace images and media files easily while retaining the attachment URL and ID. No more delete, re-upload, and search-replace links.
- Easy to use.
- Drag and drop file uploading.
- Replace images, PDF, videos, audios, and all media files.
- Regerenate thumbnails (no plugin required).
- Don’t leave your page: Upload and replace files directly within current page.
After you activate the plugin, you will find a “Replace” button/link in Media Library page and dialog (see screenshots below).
Replace button in Media Library dialog.
Replace link in Media Library list.
Replace Dialog (Upload new file).
Replace Dialog (Replace).
How does Easy Media Replace works?
The plugin replaces old attachment media file with an upload one, without changing name and path. So, all existing links remain working.
Can I replace images with different extensions
Currently, the plugin only replaces images with same extension.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins Add New’.
- Search for ‘Easy Media Replace’.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Upload the easy-media-replace folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Easy Media Replace plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Fixed replace dialog not showing in Media Library grid view.
- Increased upload timeout for large files and slow internet connexion.
- Fixed a minor bug.
- Public Release.