GD WebFonts Toolbox Lite is easy to use plugin for adding Web Fonts (Google and Adobe Edge) to standard and custom CSS selectors, with preview, extra styling builder, optional use of Google Webfont Loader. Here is list of all major plugin features.
- Google Web Fonts (848 fonts in version 1.5)
- Adobe Edge Web Fonts (502 fonts, never updates)
- Use of WebFonts Loader for Google Web Fonts
- Detailed preview for every available font
- Include fonts for loading so you can use them in your own CSS
- Create and custom selector rules for any CSS selector
- Tools to export and import all plugin settings
Core of the plugin is Selector Rules panel where you can add new CSS selectors and style them and assign web fonts. This includes:
- Preview every create selector with custom preview text
- Take a look at the CSS plugin generates for each selector
- Assign cross platform stack or generic fonts to each selector
- Assign Google or Adobe Edge web fonts to each selector
- Assign more than 20 CSS properties to each selector
- Using transparency enabled color picker for CSS properties
- Add listed default selectors: Headings, Blockquotes, Body…
- Add selectors for current theme: Title, Site name…
- Support for all default WordPress themes: 2010 to 2017
As for the knowledge you need to use this plugin:
- No coding knowledge required to use this plugin
- Basic knowledge of CSS required to define CSS selectors for styling
Also, make sure check out the screenshots for the plugin to get closer information on how the plugin works.
Documentation and Support
You need to register for free account on (https://www.dev4press.com/):
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Knowledge Base
- Support Forum
Upgrade to GD WebFonts Toolbox Pro
Pro version contains many more useful features:
- Adobe Typekit support,
- Upload of @fontface webfonts,
- TinyMCE Integration,
- Auto update of Google Fonts list,
- Text/Box Shadows for Selector Rules styler.
Upgrade to GD WebFonts Toolbox Pro
Web fonts preview panel
Web fonts include panel
Google Web Fonts settings
Selector rules panel
Selector rules editor: Font properties
Selector rules editor: Text properties
Selector rules editor: Box properties
Preview selector rules CSS
Preview selector rules
Example of the front end styled with this plugin
Does plugin works with WordPress MultiSite installations?
Yes. Each website in network can activate and use plugin on it’s on.
Can I translate plugin to my language?
Yes. POT file is provided as a base for translation. Translation files should go into Languages directory.
- PHP: 5.5 or newer
- Plugin should work with PHP 5.3 and 5.4, but these versions are no longer used for testing, and they are no longer supported.
- Plugin doesn’t work with PHP 5.2 or older versions.
- WordPress: 4.3 or newer
- Plugin should work with WordPress 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, but these versions are no longer used for testing, and they are no longer supported.
- Plugin doesn’t work with WordPress 3.9 or older versions.
- Plugin folder in the WordPress plugins folder must be
gd-webfonts-toolbox-litefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Plugin adds top level menu ‘Fonts Toolbox’ where you can start using it.
1.5 – 2018.01.11
- Updated Google fonts list: 848 fonts included
- Updated Google fonts list: 22 subsets included
- Updated jQuery MiniColors library 2.2.6
- Updated d4pLib 2.2.4
- Fixed XSS vulnerability: query string panel was not sanitized
- Fixed XSS vulnerability: panel variable for some pages was not verified
1.4 – 2017.10.12
- Updated Google fonts list: 846 fonts included
- Updated d4pLib 2.1.2
1.3 – 2017.06.24
- Updated Google fonts list: 819 fonts included
- Updated to use WebFonts Loader 1.6.26
- Updated d4pLib 2.0.2
- Updated plugin system requirements
- Updated links to Dev4Press website
1.2 – 2016.10.31
- Added support for upcoming WordPress 4.7
- Added direct support for TwentySeventeen theme
- Updated Google fonts list: 809 fonts included
- Improved support for default WordPress themes
- Updated to use WebFonts Loader 1.6.16
- Updated d4pLib 1.8.4
- Fixed warnings on the rules page editor
- Fixed few translations missing from POT file
1.1 – 2015.12.10
- Added direct support for new TwentySixteen theme
- Updated Google fonts list: 732 fonts included
- Updated to use new WebFonts Loader initialization code
- Updated shared library d4pLib 1.5.3
- Updated loading of JS/CSS files on admin side
1.0.1 – 2015.08.06.
- Added filters to expand list of WebFonts Loader fonts
- Added support for xScape2 Theme Framework themes
- Changed export to avoid loading of WordPress through static file
1.0 – 2015.08.04.
- First official release