Quick Mail is the easiest way to send email with attachments to WordPress users on your site, or send private replies to comments. Compatible with multisite.
Send a quick email from WordPress Dashboard to WordPress users, or anyone. Adds Quick Mail to Tools menu and comment replies.
Send a Web page, file, or message from the command line with quick-mail command for WP-CLI.
** Does not need the Gutenberg editor. **
Edit messages with TinyMCE to add images, rich text and shortcodes.
User options for sending email to site users or others.
Privacy options to help comply with General Data Protection Regulation.
Uses sender’s name, sets reply to sender’s address. Recognizes settings from Mailgun, SparkPost and Sendgrid plugins.
Multiple files from up to six directories (folders) can be attached to a message.
WP-CLI command to send a file or the contents of a Web page. Send email to a single recipient, select site users by WordPress role or send to all users.
Sends text or html mails to multiple recipients. Content type is determined from message.
Send private replies with attachments to comments.
Multiple recipients can be selected from users or entered manually.
Saves message and subject on form to send repeat messages.
Saves last 12 email addresses entered on form.
Share a WordPress draft by copying / pasting its code into a message.
Option to validate recipient domains with checkdnserr before mail is sent.
Validates international domains if idn_to_ascii is available to convert domain to Punycode.
Site options for administrators to hide their profile, and limit access to user list.
Option to add paragraphs and line breaks to HTML messages with wpauto.
Select recipient from users or commenters.
Introduction: How to Send Email from WordPress Admin.
Latest version: Quick Mail Sends Messages from WordPress.
Follow development on Github.
Translators / Translations
Quick Mail is not distributed with translations.
Visit Quick Mail Translations for translations and more information.
Please help translate Quick Mail. A .pot file is included for new translators.
Quick Mail is free for personal or commercial use. Encourage future development with a donation.
Banner image by Tumisu.
Selecting users on Quick Mail data entry form.
Multiple attachments from different folders (directories).
Selecting saved recipients.
Quick Mail options.
Full screen view.
Reply to comment.
User list with roles.
Who can send mail?
Users must be able to publish a post to send an email. Minimum permission can be changed with a filter.
WP-CLI: Only administrators can send mail with the
Who can send rich text messages?
User must have Visual Editor enabled on their profile, to compose messages with the Visual Editor.
Anyone can send HTML by pasting it into a message.
Where Do I Find Sent Emails?
You should be able to find sent emails in your email account’s Sent Mail folder.
Delivery services like Mailgun, SparkPost and Sendgrid also provide this information.
Options to send mail to any user, or limit to users with first and last names on their profile.
Users need permission to list users, to view user list or change options. Minimum permission can be changed with an option or filter.
Mail Delivery Services
Uses Mailgun plugin settings for Administrators, if the plugin is activated, using
Override "From" Detailsand Mailgun API.
Uses SparkPost plugin settings for Administrator name and email address, if plugin is activated and
Overridesfor name and email are set.
Option for administrators to use Sendgrid API.
Sending Mail from Other Addresses
Install the Replace Quick Mail Sender plugin, to change the Quick Mail sender’s name and email address.
NOTE: Other email plugins can change these settings.
Requires permission to use your email address.
Requires permission to save email addresses. Saved addresses are cleared if permission option is changed.
Up to 12 manually entered recipients are saved in HTML Storage.
Additional recipients can be either
BCCbut not both.
99 recipients for Gmail, others.
Multiple files can be uploaded from up to 6 folders (directories).
“Uploads are disabled” on some mobile devices.
Some devices cannot upload files. According to Modernizr :
iOS 6 and some android version don’t support uploads.
File uploads are disabled for ancient IOS 5 devices. Please add a support message if uploads are disabled on your phone or tablet, so I can remove the upload button if your device is detected.
Check recipient domain on manually entered addresses.
International (non-ASCII) domains must be converted to Punycode with idn_to_ascii.
idn_to_asciiis not available on all systems.
“Cannot verify international domains because idn_to_ascii function not found”
This is displayed when Quick Mail cannot verify domains containing non-ASCII characters.
checkdnsrr is used to check a domain for an MX record.
An MX record tells senders how to send mail to the domain.
This is not always accurate. Turn verification off if Quick Mail rejects a valid address.
Quick Mail sends email with wp_mail.
wp_mail error messages are displayed, if there is a problem.
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
wp_mail rejected an address. Seen when Quick Mail verification is off.
Error: Invalid Role (WP-CLI error)
You tried sending mail to an unknown WordPress role. Use
wp list rolesto get role names.
- Stop Emails
Stop Emails displays To send emails, disable the plugin.
If you are using an email delivery service, you can ignore this message.
Customizing Quick Mail
Add a filter to modify Quick Mail.
Programmers can replace their credentials by adding a filter to
What filters are available to modify Quick Mail?
Replace default CLI attachment message.
Replace default CLI attachment subject.
Replace quick mail comment style.
Replace title for private comment reply on comments list.
Replace minimum user capability.
Replace sender credentials. Expects an associative array with values for
- Select Plugins – Add New from Dashboard.
- Enter Quick Mail in Search Plugins.
- Select Activate Plugin to activate Quick Mail.
- Download the plugin and unpack in your
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Visit the settings page at
Settings - Quick Mailto configure the plugin for your site.
- Optional: Install WP-CLI to send mail from the command line.
- Optional: Install Mailgun, SparkPost or Sendgrid plugin to send reliable email.
- Optional: Install experimental Replace Quick Mail Sender plugin, to change administrator’s credentials.
- Improved help for Quick Mail settings.
- Display No Role on list selection, if user has no role on site.
- Fixed idn_to_ascii(): INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_2003 is deprecated.
- Fixed error on recipient address, when all users and show roles were selected.
- Added QUICK_MAIL_TESTING constant to check recipient list, without sending email.
- Added WP-CLI command option for sending email to all users on site.
- Do not send email to over 99 recipients.
- Do not hide role recipients, if only one recipient.
- Do not apply sanitize_email to WP-CLI recipient address.
- Removed double quotes on some user names from WP-CLI command.
- Replaced wp_strip_all_tags with strip_tags on AJAX email validation.
- Select recipients for WP-CLI command by role.
- Exit if WP-CLI attachment is not plain text or HTML.
- Improved translation text.
- Fixed: Show user roles is always disabled if Do Not Show Users is checked.
- Combined strings for easier translation.
- Only show “Select recipient from commenters” if user has comments.
- Added option for administrators to add WP roles to user list.
- Fixed empty error message.
- Edited PHP to use WordPress Coding Standards.
Please refer to the separate changelog.txt for changes of previous versions.