This plugin is an add-on for Restrict Content Pro, a complete subscription and premium content manager plugin for WordPress.
Once activated, this plugin will provide a new menu item under the Restrict menu called CSV Import.
See the CSV User Import documentation for information on how to use this plugin.
Note: this plugin should be able to handle the importation of a few thousands users at a time, but if you have more than 5,000 (or if you are having problems with server timeouts), you will want to consider creating a custom shell script to import the users in batches.
CSV user import page.
- Upload rcp-user-import to wp-content/plugins
- Click “Activate” in the WordPress plugins menu
- Go to Restrict CSV Import and follow directions
- Fix: Members of free levels incorrectly being given the status “free” in RCP version 3.0+.
- New: Added support for the upcoming RCP 3.0 update.
- New: Added option to send password reset email during import.
- New: Set signup method for imported users to “Imported”.
- Tweak: Update user account data (first/last name and password) when importing existing accounts.
- Tweak: Adjust “Disable Notification Emails” description.
- Fix: Expiration date times are now forced to be 23:59:59 to be consistent with RCP core.
_rcp_new_subscriptionmeta flag is now set on import.
- Fix: Verify that required user fields are set in the CSV before creating the user account.
- New: Add user note to imported users saying they were imported from a CSV file.
- New: Add option to disable email notifications during import process.
- New: Add support for
Subscription IDcolumn (
- Fix: Imported members not given subscription level role.
- Tweak: Added backwards compatibility for using old column header format.
- New: Automatically set status to “Free” when importing members to a free subscription level.
- New: Add support for member joined date.
- Tweak: Improve compatibility with RCP core export file.
- Fix: Expiration dates with commas not being parsed correctly.
- Fix: Sanitize expiration date before saving.
- Only allow CSV files to be selected during import.
- Load the DatePicker styles on the import page.
- Add the $user object to the rcp_user_import_user_added action.
- Cleaned up and documented the code.
- Fixed an issue with updating existing members
- User update_user_meta() instead of add_user_meta()
- Properly esc the select element
- Improved the CSV import process to make it far more reliable.
- Added support for updating existing user accounts by passing the user ID to an “ID” column
- Added a new rcp_user_import_user_added hook that runs after each user is created
- Added support for subscription user roles
- Initial Release