This is a plugin that integrates a 100% free CDN service operated by Shift8, for your WordPress site. What this means is that you can simply install this plugin, activate and register with our CDN service and all of your static assets on your website will be served through our global content delivery network.
Newly added entpoints
New endpoints added :
- Warsaw, Poland
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Miami, FL, USA
Free Content Delivery Network for your Static Content
Shift8 has rolled out a consistently-growing CDN with endpoints all over the world. This plugin will make your site load way faster by using latency-based and geographic-based DNS resolution for requests made to your site to be served by an endpoint closest to the user making the request. This means that a user making a request in Mumbai, India will hit the Mumbai server to download the static content from your website, improving performance remarkably.
Current endpoints in use (more added regularly) :
- USA – Northern California
- USA – Northern Virginia
- USA – Dallas, TX
- USA – Miami, FL
- Canada – Toronto
- Europe – London, England
- Europe – Stockholm, Sweden
- Europe – Warsaw, Poland
- Asia Pacific – Hong Kong, China
- Asia Pacific – Tokyo, Japan
- Asia Pacific – Sydney, Australia
- Asia Pacific – Singapore
- Asia Pacific – Mumbai, India
- Latin America – Sao Paulo, Brazil
You can learn more about how the CDN was setup and how it works by reading our blog post.
Want to see the plugin in action?
You can view three example sites where this plugin is live :
- Example Site 1 : WordPress Hosting
- Example Site 2 : Web Design in Toronto
- 100% Free CDN for static assets on your site (CSS, JS, Images, Font files and more)
- Geographic and latency based DNS routing of requests to the nearest endpoint server across the globe
- Super easy set up : just install plugin, activate and register to start using within minutes.
Geographic Endpoints for Content Delivery Network
Admin area settings
Before / After CDN performance improvement, taken from Pingdom
I tested it on my site and its not working for me!
Send us an email to email@example.com or post in the support forums here and we will help. We are constnatly improving and updating the plugin also!
I noticed on lazy load images, the CDN isnt being used
This is a known issue with how lazy loading is implemented in some scenarios. Currently if you want the CDN to be used for lazy load images, you have to turn lazy load off.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/shif8-cdndirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Navigate to the plugin settings page and define your settings
- Hit the “Register” button to register your site with our CDN network.
- Within a few minutes the change will propagate to all our systems across the network.
- Stable version created
- WordPress 5 compatibility
- Got rewrite working for CDN
- Fixed str_replace function
- Now rewriting wp-includes static assets
- Updated readme
- Added DNS prefetch for CDN
- Added on/off switch to assist troubleshooting
- Fixed bug in ruleset where undefined constant was being used
- Added endpoints and instructional message on settings
- Updated success register message, hover on register button, incorporate test URL before enabling
- Fixed bug with register ajax query