Finds all YouTube videos in Posts and Pages and replaces them with a local static image (video thumbnail)
- No YouTube Cookies
- No content changes required
- Allows you to keep YouTube videos under GDPR law
Does ‘Local’ mean my server downloads all the images?
Yes. Probably you can find a folder
/wp-content/uploads/simple-youtube-gdpr-thumbnails with all the images inside
Does youtube send cookies?
No. Plugin replaces the source of iframe with youtube-nocookie.com
Why there are black line above and below?
This is an only image plugin can get from YouTube.
Do I need to have the YouTube API?
Can I change CSS styles?
youtube_lazyload – main wrapping
youtube_lazyload__img – the thumbnail
youtube_lazyload__play – thumbnail play button
youtube_lazyload__iframe – youtube
What are standard width and height of iframe?
560 x 315
How does this plugin work?
- Look for an iframe
- Look for an existing thumbnail. If there are none of them, then download it
- Replace an iframe with a picture
- Apply scripts so that if user clicks iframe appears
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/simple-youtube-gdprdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Added Simple HTML DOM lib to run through DOM easily
- Removed lot’s of code afterwards
- Now the whole figure is replaced with div with image (not just iframe. It caused troubles)