Option 1: Sell the whole variable product individually
This plugin allows you to apply the “Sold individually” WooCommerce product setting to the whole variable product (including its variations), thus not allowing the customer to buy more than one unit of the variable product, even if it’s a different variation.
Example: Your WooCommerce store has a wine that you sell in 2-pack or 6-pack boxes, and, let’s say, for logistical reasons you don’t want the customer to buy both in a single order. With this WooCommerce extension, the client can only pick one unit of one of the variations.
Inspired by this GitHub thread.
Option 2: Sell a variation individually
You can also set that a specific variation is “Sold individually”. In that scenario, the variable product should NOT be set as “Sold individually”.
Example: Your WooCommerce store sells music, both as physical CDs and digital downloads. Each album is a product with variations, allowing the customer to either buy the physical CD (as many as he wants) or the audio download (sold individually).
Variable product settings
Error message when adding second variation to the cart
Variation specific “Sold individually” field
Why is this plugin not compatible with WooCommerce versions lower than 3.0?
Come on dude…
Can I contribute with a translation?
Sure. Go to GlotPress and help us out.
- Use the included automatic install feature on your WordPress admin panel and search for “WooCommerce Sold Individually for Variations”.
- Option 1: Go to your variable product inventory settings and activate the “Sold individually” and “Apply Sold individually to variations” options.
- Option 2: Go to your variation settings and activate the “Sold individually” option.
- “Sold individually” option at the product variation level, so you can sell a variation individually but not all of them
- Testef with WordPress 5.1 and WooCommerce 3.5.5
- WooCommerce CRUD functions to save product meta
- readme.txt and plugin description improvements
- Check for WooCommerce 3.0 (or above)
- Initial release